Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How do I stop text from spilling over a locked cell in a table

If you are not the designer of the form, then just fill it in and let the
formatting go as haywire as it will; you are not responsible. If you are
trying to design such a form, use tables with fixed cell dimensions.
Sometimes when I get poorly designed forms, I redo them so that they work,
but I've never yet gotten any thanks for it (or any indication that the
person who sent the form even noticed).

http://word.mvps.org

"GATOW88" wrote in message
I AM TRYING TO FILL IN A SIMPLE WORD APPLICATION FORM BUT THE NEXT
CHARACTERS
MOVE TO THE RIGHT WHEN I TYPE IN INFORMATION, IS THERE A WAY I CAN STOP
THE
NEXT TEXT MOVING?
MIKE LOUTH

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Actually, there is no way to prevent people from typing in excessive text
in
a table cell with fixed dimensions. On the other hand, I believe most
people
would stop typing when they realize that the text disappears from view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"daniesmiley" wrote in message
I have created a table that is being used as a makeshift form.
I have set the table height to be exactly 1" and the width to 100%.
However, I want the cell so that if you keep typing to the end of the
cell,
that the text doesn't spill over. Right now it does, even though you
cannot
see it I know it's there cause i can see the curser below.
Please let me know what setting I need to put on so that it stops input
when
you get to the bottom edge of the cell.