Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Table style with paragraph style

I also prefer to use my own paragraph styles for table text. I don't know of
a way to apply them along with the table styles. You should be able to write
a macro to apply the style to all tables in a document.

PamC

stman wrote:
(Word 2003 question--likely applies to other versions.)

When I create a table, which is based on a Table Style, the text in the
table does not contain any styles. ASAIK, it is just formatted according to
the font and paragraph settings defined in the table style.

I would like to have the text in my tables formatted with a Paragraph style,
so that when I create a table, the text is not only formatted as defined in
the table style, but formatted according to an actual Paragraph style. The
advantage I see with this is that if I want to globally change some aspect of
the table text, rather than modify the various Table styles I use, I can just
modify a single Paragraph style.

What I am currently doing is creating the tables, which have no Paragraph
styles, then selecting the table and applying a Paragraph style to all the
text. Is there any way to automate that by creating a Table style with an
associated Paragraph style applied?