Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Need Keystroke to Close Styles Box in Word 2007

ESC doesn't close it but does return focus to the document. When you press
Ctrl+Shift+S again, the focus returns to the Apply Styles box. In Fact,
clicking the title bar of the box (even though it looks like a dialog)
doesn't reactivate it, but clicking in the Style Name box does.

http://word.mvps.org

"JS" wrote in message
news
I like using styles in MS Word and I like to be able to use keystrokes and
avoid using the mouse because of my hands. I used keystrokes for something
in
MS Word 2003 that I cant figure out in MS Word 2007.

In 2003 when I used the keys ctrlshifts the Styles box on the
Formatting
toolbar would be activated and I could use the up and down keys to
highlight
a style; use the enter key to select it. Then the style box was
deactivated
and the cursor would be back ready to type.

However, I have been forced to use MS Word 2007. Now I can still use the
keys ctrlshifts but it opens the Styles box as a separate pane. I can
still use the up and down keys to highlight a style. But when I hit the
enter
key to select the style, the style box remains open and I cant seem to
find
a keystroke to close it. Any help?