Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Curt Anglin

Default MS Office 2003 hanging on Open File, Save As windows

I'm using MS Office 2003 and in the last couple of months have noticed that
when I go to open a file or do a save as in Word, Excel, or Frontpage the
program seems to hang for several minutes before it returns. I can reproduce
the problem easily just by clicking on My Documents in the "Look in" field
(for Open) or the "Save in" field (for Save). I thought maybe the latest
update to Office 2003 might be causing the issue, so I tried to remove it,
but Add/Remove Programs says that the update cannot be removed.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?