Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default hyperlinks

Dave wrote:
I have a question. I have a stack of word documents and pdf's that
contain hyperlinks to a url that my company has done away with (dead
links). Is there a simple macro of something that will allow me to
electronically search a word doc for a hyperlink destination url?
simple macro? (no vb answers please)

Thanks!

No macro needed.

Press Alt+F9 to toggle from field results to field codes. The hyperlinks
(which are a type of field) will now appear as something like

{ HYPERLINK "your URL here" }

Now you can use the ordinary Replace dialog to search for the URL and
replace it with something else.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman