Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Default Problem using Word document emailed from another user

I create our church newsletter at home and email it to the church for
printing. Various people email articles or other items to be included in
the newsletter. One person always sends information in a spreadsheet
(produced in Word) that creates some puzzling difficulties.

First, the attachments she sends never have an extension. However, I can
open them by selecting Word when the Vista pop-up box says to "select a
program."

Second, the spreadsheet itself does not create any difficulties. However,
there is always a two-line title immediately above the spreadsheet. If I
try to add a line (by simply pressing enter) between the second line and
the spreadsheet, the *first line stays in place* but one of two things
will happen. Either the *second line immediately drops down below the
spreadsheet.* or *part of the spreadsheet drops down to the next page*
even though there is plenty of room on the page for it.

Do you have any idea what is causing these problems? I am using Word
2007, but I work in compatibility mode so newsletters will be saved in
1997-2003 for the church office. I also have Vista Home Premium.

it's not a "spreadsheet" - it's a table. The table's location has obviously
been fixed in the document - you need to move the table to insert a line
above it.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level