Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
stef[_2_] stef[_2_] is offline

Default problem with reviewing and seeing comments

Word 2002 SP3
Win XP HE

Hi,

I have a redline document--with changes being tracked and viewable.

I want to comment some of those changes--but without editing the actual
text itself and making trackable changes. My comments are just that:
comments and I want to keep them as suggestions in this case.

I have commented wherever I felt was needed--by right clicking on place
in paragraph and inserting my comment in Reviewing Pane.

One problem with that is that while it seems convenient, it is actually
very hard to see *where* the comment is inserted exactly; there is only
a very small red bar where I clicked and no line or visual aid linking
the comment with the spot on the text.

I am concerned that others will find it very difficult to work with; if
not clearly seeing visually *where* the comment goes.

I do not particularly like the comment boxes that appear on the right
frame when commenting without using the Reviewing Pane; and perhaps
there is a way to both combine inserting the comments in the pane and
turning on or off the comment boxes on the right margin of doc?

I cannot figure how to get those back....

Any professional suggestions?