Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Images in Word start off clear then turn blurry...why?

Since you have not gotten an answer here, I'm cross-posting your message to
microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics.

"decemberch" wrote in message
I inserted a picture from my files into a Word document, then scaled it

down
to the size I needed it. It remains very crisp and sharp and clear.
However, after I save and close it, and open it again, that same image is
just a tad bit blurry, not much, but enough for me to notice. Why does

this
happen? My image is a jpeg, 300 dpi, and is originally 8 inches wide,

scaled
down in Word to about 2 inches.

Thanks in advance!