Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nikon Nikon is offline

Default Substring used one Mailmerge Fields

In this office we have documents that take .dat files created from our Oracle
database, and use them for mail merge documents. Recently the size of the
fields has been increased and the merge documents don't fit some of the
fields anymore. I am wondering if there is any way, macro or otherwise, that
I can substring (shorten) the merge field so it still fits it's document.

Essentially what I would like to do is, figure out if a field is over a
certain length and if it is, cut it to a specified length. Eg. 25
characters.