Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DNH DNH is offline

Default Fixing numbers in a table

I have a table with one column reserved for numbers. I would like to cut and
paste groups of rows from this table into another document, and use the
number column as a reference to the row location in the original table.
However, when I cut and past two segments from the same table (e.g. lines
32-35 and lines 55-69), the numbering is reset to one list (the lines are now
numbered 32-40). Is there any way to fix the numbering to a set value per
row so that I can cut and paste them in the original format? Thanks.