Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
danhattan danhattan is offline

Default Fixing numbers in a table

This is really cool, and I can think of an immediate use for this, but one
question. Is this a one-time command, in other words, does it work only on
the currently selected text? Another way to ask I suppose would be does it
have to be turned off?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can convert numbering to text. Select the relevant column. Then press
Alt+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to display the
Immediate window. Type

Selection.Range.ListFormat.ConvertNumbersToText

and press Enter.

Now you can cut and paste rows from into the other document, and the numbers
won't change.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DNH" wrote in message
I have a table with one column reserved for numbers. I would like to cut
and
paste groups of rows from this table into another document, and use the
number column as a reference to the row location in the original table.
However, when I cut and past two segments from the same table (e.g. lines
32-35 and lines 55-69), the numbering is reset to one list (the lines are
now
numbered 32-40). Is there any way to fix the numbering to a set value per
row so that I can cut and paste them in the original format? Thanks.