Shauna Kelly

Hi Tom

It is possible that no-one has provided a response to you because no-one is
sure of the answer.

My guess is that it has something to do with right to left languages. Follow
the instructions on this page:
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

And, make sure that your whole document is formatted in a left to right
language. In particular, make sure that the TOC styles are in a left to
right language. To do that, put your cursor in the table of contents. Insert
Reference Index and Tables. In the Formats box, make sure it says "From

Template". Click Modify and modify each TOC style to check its language.

And then update the TOC.

If this solves the problem, and if you have the same problems with every
document you create, then you'll need to make the same modifications in
normal.dot. For information on how to do that, see
Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Tom G." t wrote in message ...
I don't understand this reply.
I created this document, but somehow all tables of contents come out
backwards.
Can anyone tell me why?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You should get together with the user who is *trying* to format a TOC
that
way!

so
all may benefit.

"Tom G." t wrote in message
I am having a lot of trouble creating a simple table of contents. I have
tagged relevant headings using the correct styles.
However, when I create the table of contents, everything is "right to

left."
In other words an entry such as

Introduction .... 5

reads