Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
Having cleared the temp files, take a copy of normal.dot for safe keeping
then when you get the prompt to save normal.dot answer yes.
If that doesn't fix it, check out
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

mstang_01 wrote:
Whenever I close down MS Outlook 2003, I get a message that says "The
file Normal already exists. Do you want to replace the existing
file?" I click on No and it takes me to a Save As dialog box and
defaults to save as normal document template. Then a blue, blank
Microsoft Word page comes up. I close out the box and another box
appears that says "Changes have been made that affect the global
template, Normal. Do you want to save those changes?" I click no and
it all closes out only to reappear next time I close out MS Outlook.
I have already lost some files that were in MS Word since this
problem began and I can't run Powerpoint (pps.) presentations.