Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Default unable to protect document word 2007

LoveMe,
Don't know about the encryption bit but have you tried the Review tab on the
ribbon, in the protect group, protect document button. In the task pane you
can indicate what the user will be able to do, when you get to step 3 you
will get the opportunity to assign a password to the file.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint