Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules

Default Go to a word at a particular number?

Anne Troy wrote:

Without using VBA (and I think some tough-to-write VBA at that), the only
method I'm aware of is Ctrl+Right arrow.

Anne, thanks for the reply. It seems incredible: I can GoTo a specified
page, line, section, field, equation and all the rest of it, but not a
particularly-numbered word. For a programme with such amazing capabilities,
Word certainly has some astonishing limitations.

Perhaps it would be possible to write a macro that executes "go to next
word" a specific number of times (asking for a user-input for the exact
number)? But I have no experience with macros, alas, and wouldn't know
where to start.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk