Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Can't save formatting changes in Table of Contents!!

In the past I have read (and believed as gospel) that it is not possible to
modify the styles if you use any formatting other than "From Template."
Others have said that they were successful in modifying the styles in the
Distinctive or Simple or whatever TOCs. Your problem, however, seems to be
just a matter of making a selection of formatting other than "From Template"
stick? If all else fails, just note or copy the formatting of the TOC styles
you like (Distinctive or Simple or whatever) and apply them to the TOC
styles in the "From Template" setting.

WG; "LI" WG, wrote in message
Hi all,

I want to change the format of a document's Table of Contents. In the

and Tables' window, I change the setting from 'From Template' to
'Distinctive' or 'Simple'. The new table is created, I'm satisfied.

I close the file and save changes.

When I re-open the file. The TOC has reverted back to the one I thought I
changed!

Does this have to do with the 'From Template' setting, or is there

something
else I should be looking for? The headings are listed correctly, but the
formatting of the table I have here is not pleasing to the eye.

Help me change this for good, please. Any advice is most appreciated.