Jaykay

Default Text space in table cells in Word 2003 (using Windows XP)

Some rows in a particular table have a problem with all their cells. The
vertical space available for entering text will not expand above about 1/8"
despite any changes I make in (a) row height, (b) interior cell margins, (c)
font size, (d) 'expand to fit contents' feature and (e) text alignment within
cells, either vertical or horizontal. I don't know whether the following has
anything to do with the problem:- the table in question has been converted
from WordPerfect 8 format. The existing rows of cells converted without this
problem, but all the new rows I've inserted do have the problem, whether I
insert using the Tables drop-down menu or insert by clicking in the bottom
right hand cell of the table. I haven't had this problem with tables created
from scratch in Word, so -- is this something that can be attributed to the
table's WordPerfect origin? Thanks in advance for any ideas. Jaykay