Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Problem with Envelope and Addressee Region

I've tried replicating this problem but have not been able to do so.

I wonder if the following would work, assuming most of your addresses are
U.S. ones:

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME | PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{ PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

?

As I understand it, the PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS item should only include the
country if it isn't "your own" (and I think that means "the one set up in
Windows Control Panel Regional settings).

but I would either like to know how to remove "United States" from the
default of the address when adding a contact,

As far as I know, Outlook adds the country when it tries to "check" the
address. The country drop-down doesn't include a No country option, but
you can delete the suggested country and it then should not appear in the
address. Personally I would probably try to keep the country in there, if
for no other reason than that Outlook basically expects to have one, but I
suppose that's simply a personal preference.

Peter Jamieson

"David Krugler" David wrote in message
OK, this one is new to me and I don't know what setting is messed up.

XP Pro SP2 with Office 2003 (V 11 Build 5604) I have the following in Word
as AddressLayout

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME | PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_STREET_ADDRESS}
{PR_LOCALITY}{, PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE PR_POSTAL_CODE}

Now if the region for the contact is filled in (Unitied States of America)
for in Outlook, the PR_COMPANY_NAME does not show up. If I take it out,
PR_COMPANY_NAME shows up.

Now I have taken out the Region for all the contacts, and all is working
now, but I would either like to know how to remove "United States" from
the
default of the address when adding a contact, or fix Word to not get
messed
up when Region is filled in.

Thanks in advance.