WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Perform mathematical calculations with merge fields

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with your merge field calculations in Word 2003.

To perform a multiplication of a merge field by a set number, you can use the following syntax:
  1. {=mergefield xxx * 35}

Make sure to include the equal sign at the beginning and the curly braces around the entire field code. Replace "mergefield xxx" with the name of your merge field.

To format the result with two decimal places, you can add the following switch at the end of the field code:
  1. \#0.00

So the complete field code would look like this:
  1. {=mergefield xxx * 35 \#0.00}

To subtract another merge field from the result, you can use the following syntax:
  1. {=mergefield xxx * 35 - mergefield yyy}

Again, replace "mergefield xxx" and "mergefield yyy" with the names of your merge fields.