Monica

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

You problem will probably be overcome by following the steps in the article
"Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?" at:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

Monica wrote:
I have lost the Page Setup function. It now appears as grayed out when I
open a new Word document. This may be connected to my copying a Word
Document and pasting it into the originating folder where it opened as a
Scrap object. I am running Windows XP sp2 and Word 2003.

Many thanks for a swift response, Doug. I checked out and printed off your
suggested FAQ BlankDocNotBlank and I can now get new documents with Page
Setup functioning OK.

But there is still a puzzle with this one particular document which has lots
of fancy formatting and text and which needed to have its page setup altered.

I have found a couple of work arounds:
1) using the margin pointers plus header and footers;
2) using Edit, Copy and Paste into a new, blank Word document which does
have the Page Setup function activated (showing that Normal.dot is Ok).

But I am baffled as to why it does not appear possible simply to copy a
document without opening it from its folder, open the copy and edit that as
well as use Page Setup on it.

Regards, Monica