Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Typing ellipses (...) in Word 2000 forms

And the style is different depending on whether there is an end-of-
sentence period in addition to the ellipse, and there are styles that
don't permit four periods even when the ellipse precedes or follows a
sentence-ending period.

On Mar 7, 6:41*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
The "proper" use of the ellipsis varies by language. Some typesetters put
spaces before and after, and some snub it entirely, insisting on spaced
periods (using nonbreaking spaces) instead.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Twayne" wrote in message

,
EM-C typed:
Hello,
Each time I type the ellipses symbol (...) in a Word 2000
form (in locked mode) and there is a space preceding the
characters, it automatically deletes. *Do you know how to
correct this? *(I noticed it doesn't happen when they're
typed next to a character without a space in between).
Thank you.

A proper ellipses occurs without a space first; apparently Word knows
that... so the preceding is OK but ... isn't, because that form is usually
used to indicate a missing word, not trailing off to nothing.

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.-