Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebColin

Default Table Format Style vs. Table Text Style

Yes, I changed the core font from Times New Roman to our specified serif
font for this template. But the Table style font should override that,
shouldn't it? All other styles based on Normal do (e.g., Headings).

[In fact, while it's not technically important, I'd add that using the
Normal style for tables is generally bad formatting. A typical table should
be in a sans serifed font, whereas body text should be in a serifed font (if
you question this, look in any magazine with tables). The only possible
general purpose exception would be if you were using the table just to
establish placement for various items, and not really as a conventional
table.]

Is there something special about Table Styles? If so, what should I do? I
didn't see a solution or work around on the web page you listed. Is it to
use a Body Text style instead of Normal for the bulk of the text? If Normal
is unmodified, would the Table Style fonts work? Is there another way - I
don't want to have to go through my docs and change my Normal text to
another style.

Thanks much,
Colin

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Did you modify the font of the Normal style? If so, the settings will
transfer to table styles. See the message by Klaus Linke in the thread
at:
http://groups.google.se/group/micros...0e16d9c49bac81

If you need more information, try searching the newsgroup archives at
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"WebColin" wrote in message
I have defined a Table format, including setting the text for "Whole

Table"
to a specific font. But the text in the tables of that Style are

still in
the same font as the Normal style. This seems to be true both for
preexisting tables and new tables I create with that table style.

Of course I can manually set the font in the table or define another

text
style and apply that to the individual rows of text, but that's not

supposed
to be necessary. Considering the number of tables and the size of

the
document, I really don't want to have manually set the text in each

table.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Colin

Word 2003, Windows XP all Office and OS SP's installed