scottkinsey

Default table caption numbering

When you insert a table caption, the Numbering option allows you to link the
caption to a Heading style. For most of my document, I linked the table
captions to Heading 3, so that table captions look like this: Table 3.2.1-1
- Table Title.

But in some sections, the first table appears within a higher Heading. For
instance, in Section 5, I have a table, but the caption is: Table 4.2.1-1 -
Table Title, instead of: Table 5.1-1 - Table Title. If I insert a new
caption linked to Heading 1, it modifies all of the tables instead of just
the table I'm working on.

Does anyone know how to create table captions that can be linked to
different Heading styles in different document sections ?