Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Hanging indents in a wrapped paragraph

Unfortunately, that's one of the limitations of Word; see "WD2000: Hanging
Indent Lost When Text Wraps to Right Side of Square Wrapped Object" at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209633. In at least some versions, the
hanging indent is preserved when you apply bullets or numbering using Word's
toolbar buttons (but not, IIRC, when you use the Format | Bullets and
Numbering dialog); this might offer some sort of workaround if you change
the default bullet/numbering format in the Bullets and Numbering dialog (to
"(none)"?) before using the buttons.

Although the article was written for Word 2000, I think this is still true
in all subsequent versions....Just tested in Word 2007, and yes, it's still
true. I know this has been reported as a bug for many, many years now.

http://word.mvps.org

"Susan KK" Susan wrote in message
When I add a graphic to the left of a paragraph with a hanging indent
(e.g.,
a bullet point), the hanging indent format disappears when it wraps around
the graphic. How do I keep the hanging indent in a paragraph that wraps
around a graphic?