dianaiad

Default partial document line numbers

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Is anybody anywhere paying any attention to my apparently overlooked answer
about turning off line numbering for selected paragraphs? sigh

I'm deeply sorry, Suzanne, this is my fault. I'm scattered these
days...being a grad student at my age is a little wearing on the memory
cells.

I have tried your idea of turning off numbering for selected
paragraphs; however, I must not be doing it right, because what happens
for me is that while Word may not show the line numbers for selected
text, it still COUNTS them, so that when the numbers reappear, it's
obvious that all the lines have been counted, including the intervening
text, not just the lines of the poetry.

Diana