Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chad Harris Chad Harris is offline

Default Way to use insert key to paste in Word 2007?

Thanks garfield--

Ctrl+V" to paste LOL I know, although in fairness, Jo Ann may have thought I
didn't know the age old key combo for paste. But that was the first place I
looked and while I did find the "Insert key to control overtype mode", I
found ***no options whatsoever either connected with that or separate that
had to do with "Insert key for paste". I also looked under the paste
options and it wasn't there. I'm curious as to why I don't have the "insert
key for paste option" (even checking the "insert key to control overtype
mode".

The reason I pitched this question not because I want to use it to paste
(lol I got Ctrl+V), but because we got it on the Vista general group and I
help an awful lot there. We try to refer them to the specific groups that
can best help them with the most expertise, but many won't pay any attention
and we get a number of Office, Outlook and Word broken not so much
functionality questions and it's just faster to help them fix them on the
spot.

CH

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...
Yes, by clicking on Office Button | Word Options | Advanced | check the
"Use the Insert key for paste" box | OK. But turning on this option
automatically turns off the "Use the Insert key to control overtype mode"
option in the same dialog. So you need to decide whether it is more
important to you to use the Insert key for pasting or for toggling between
insert and overtype modes.

Chad Harris wrote:

Is there a way to paste using the insert key to paste in Word 2007?

Tia,

CH