Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Saving with Microsoft 2007

If you must use floppy discs you can, but never ever read from, write to, or
print from floppy with Word. These are the most certain methods of ensuring
document corruption.

*Copy* to/from the hard disc and always work on the document from there.

Word creates a raft of temporary files in the disc work space. The size and
number of the files is not obvious. If there is no room for them, there is
no warning. The disc will be corrupted and you will lose everything on the
disc

"Walker" wrote in message
Thanx, Terry. Advancing from a "floppy" system to a system that accepts
only
CD or travel disk storage is challenging, and I cannot readily identify
the
advantages to it over the floppy, except having more storage available in
smaller pkg.
-
Thanks, A. Walker

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

NEVER save directly to any form of removable drive such as a memory
stick.
Always work with the local HDD and then Copy to/from the removable
memory.
Working to/from a removable drive is the number 1 destroyer of documents.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Walker" wrote in message
I am using a new laptop with Microsoft 2007 installed, whereas I am
used
the 2003 version. I am not sure how to "Save As", using the 2007
version.
have saved documents to a travel drive and wish to save some of those
files
to my laptop under different names, after I have worked on them. Just
how
can
I do that? The 2003 version contained "Save as" and "Rename" to do
these
jobs.
--
Thanks, A. Walker