Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Pasting text with Style Conflicts - Word 2007

How about, in the exhibits, replacing Headings 1-5 with Headings 5-9
respectively? (Format 9 the same as 5, and do a global Find/Replace,
and so one going backward so that #5 isn't doing two things at once.)
You might then have to do a New Multi-Level List to associate the
outline numbering with this set of headings.

On Mar 4, 2:02*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Note that you cannot rename built-in styles; renaming will only create style
name aliases, which wouldn't be helpful in this case.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dave E" wrote in message

How about if you rename the styles in the second document before you merge
the two.

Heading1 -- Heading1a
Heading2 -- Heading2a
etc.

"Angie M." wrote:

Hi Doug, thanks for your help.

Yes, we thought of that and begged the client to accept PDF, but they
insist
that everything be in Word format.

Back to the drawing board. *How can I deal with this in Word? *Thanks for
any help.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The easiest thing to do would be to convert the individual documents to
.pdf
files and then combine the pdf files into one pdf file.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Angie M." wrote in message
I have a long document (150 pages), I have used the heading styles to
format
all numbered paragraphs and other styles to format non-numbered
paragraphs.
I have to paste in several other documents as Exhibits to this main
agreement. *These exhibits are also formatted using Heading styles
for all
numbered paragraphs and other styles to format non-numbered
paragraphs.
Problem is, all the style names are the same, but the look of the
formatting
is different between the main agreement and the exhibits. *For
example the
exhibits, while the Heading 1-5 styles have been used, the look and
type
of
numbers and indenting stored in the styles are different from the
main
agreement. *When I paste in the exhibits they must stay the way they
are,
the
numbering and formatting cannot conform to the main agreement. *I've
tried
several hours of messing with the paste options, Smart Style Behavior
(whatever that is) and various other techniques. *We will have many
of
these
same document combining situations so I must come up with a procedure
the
entire office can use to assemble these docs. *Any ideas?? *Many
thanks.-