Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Percentage format in merge from excel

You didn't use CTRL+F9 to enter the curly brackets - see

Lica wrote:
Hi,

thanks, but it didn't work.

The second options id what I need, word is showing 0.123 without the
%. I tried the solution several times, but the result it '!Syntax
Error, {'.

There is another possibility?

Thanks!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Lica,

If Word is showing something like '12.34' without the percentage
sign and you need it to show '12%', try adding the '\# 0%'picture
switch to your mergefield. For example {MERGEFIELD ExcelData \# 0%}

Alternatively, if Word is showing something like '0.1234' with or
without the percentage sign and you need it to show '12%', try
selecting your mergefield, pressing Ctrl-F9 to embed it in another
field and code the lot as: '{={MERGEFIELD ExcelData}*100 \# 0%}', or
'{={MERGEFIELD ExcelData}*100 \# 0.00%}' for '12.34%'.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Lica" wrote in message
I have a mail merge with word & excel. In the excell I have numbers
with the percentage format, that it is not poplating into word.
I traied to use the coding # "##%" , but it is not working. Also I
cannot remove the percentage format from the excel.

Thanks