Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Help, what does, "Do you wish to revert...?" mean ? !

I believe that one instance in which you get that message is when you have a
document open, edited but unsaved, and you click the name of the same
document on the File menu (usually inadvertently). Word wants to know if you
want to revert to the saved version, losing your current edits.

http://word.mvps.org

"Robert Macy" wrote in message
Every now and then, after blundering around, I get this question.

"Do you wish to revert to ...?" Yes/No

The worst part is that I am now locked into something, there's no
escaping answering. AND! no indication or intuitive concept of what
the consequences of my decision will be.

Not knowing how I got to this point, I've sometimes answered NO and
sometimes answered YES. Sometimes losing data, sometimes stomping on
files [it seems]. Each time I wish I had one more option CANCEL to get
back to whatever got me to this question, but that option is not
allowed.

Would someone please explain what energizes that question, and exactly
what damage I can do to my stored, modified document files.

Robert