Specify that the endnotes should be placed at the end of each section.
Insert section breaks as needed. If you have more than one section break in
a given article, you can suppress endnotes for every section but the last
(Layout tab of Page Setup).

"Bob Nicholls" wrote in message
I have forgotten how to do the following.
I am compiling a professional journal with - for this
issue - three articles. Total page length is c.80pp.
There will also be prelims and endmatter.
Each of the articles has end notes and a bibliogrpahy.
The 'insert break' feature is disabled with the end notes
displayed, ie in Print View.
If I scroll to the end of the text - that is before the
end notes - and then insert the next article the end notes
appear at the end of the second article and both sets are
incorporated.
That is, if article 1 has 50 end notes and article 2 has
20, all 70 are combined.
How do I insert the second & third articles while
retaining the end notes for each article in their proper
place?
cheers, Bob Nicholls