Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
nannybear nannybear is offline

Default How do I create auto text instructions for a form field

Thank you for the input - I was hoping to find the feature like Access (?)
where the tip auto displays when the field is tabbed to or you hover your
cursor over a field.

Actually, I cannot even figure out how to enter the information in the auto
text window to get it to display...I've tried the follow the process and am
getting nowhere...very slowly.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, I think the F1 popup is "classic" as well (I'd forgotten about that
since I rarely do forms and never use help).

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It still displays in the status bar, or optionally in a pop-up window via
the F1 button.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
In earlier versions it displayed in the status bar, so you might look
there.

"nannybear" wrote in message
I am using the Legacy tools feature to add text fields in a form I am
creating using a table format. I see the Add Help Text, but do not
understand where the help text displays once I protect the document
as a fill-in form.

Thank you for any help.