Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT[_3_] PT[_3_] is offline

Default Problem with normal.dot ?

I've just installed Word 2003 on my new Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
computer. I performed a task I've done thousands of times befo I
copied an article from a website, and pasted it into Word.

The first time I tried this on the new setup, the entire page comes
out with a dark blue background, making the document almost
unreadable.

I can go into Format | Borders and shading, select "no fill" and fix
it, but the next article comes up the same.

I assume that somehow something has happened to normal.dot, but if so,
I don’t know where to look and how or what change to make.

Please advise.