Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Search & Replace

I believe that the code posted by Graham will work for all of the "sizes"
mentioned. What other "sizes" were you thinking about.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Johann Swart" wrote in message
So then, it would appear as though there is no "one size fits all"
solution.
Many thanks to all contributors!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Note that you can step through all of the cells of a table that contains
merged cells by using

Dim acell As Cell
For Each acell In ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Range.Cells
'Do something with each cell
Next acell

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"DeanH" wrote in message
Graham, yep that was it, two cells in the header row were merged in
the
test
table.
Many thanks
DeanH

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The thing that occurs is that you may have merged cells in your table.
The
macros will not work with merged or split cells.

"DeanH" wrote in message
Hello Graham.
Many thanks for these two macros.
Unfortunately both fail at:
Set oRng = .Cell(I, j).Range

Any ideas?
DeanH

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

To process all the tables change that to

Dim oRng As Range
Dim oTable As Table
For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
With oTable
For i = 1 To .Rows.Count
For j = 1 To .Columns.Count
Set oRng = .Cell(i, j).Range
oRng.End = oRng.End - 1
oRng.Text = RTrim(oRng.Text)
Next j
Next i
End With
Next oTable

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The following macro will clear trailing spaces from all the cells
in
the
table containing the cursor

Dim oRng As Range
With Selection.Tables(1)
For i = 1 To .Rows.Count
For j = 1 To .Columns.Count
Set oRng = .Cell(i, j).Range
oRng.End = oRng.End - 1
oRng.Text = RTrim(oRng.Text)
Next j
Next i
End With

If you want to clear leading and trailing spaces change RTrim for
Trim

Note that if you select the table and Click CTRL+E then CTRL+L
all
leading
and trailing white space will be cleared from the table.

"Johann Swart" wrote in
message
Hi Graham,
Apologies; I expressed myself incorrectly. I am not referring to
paragraph
breaks (¶) in table cell, but to the actual cell marker (¤).
I have several documents that contain tables with a space or
spaces
between
the last character and the cell marker that I need to remove
(quite
laborious
in a 100-page document riddled with tables).
The ^10 suggested by DeanH does not do it either. I have tried a
number
of
permutations, and frankly, some weird things happen.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Paragraph breaks are paragraph breaks wherever they are in the
document.
What *exactly* are you trying to do?

"Johann Swart" wrote in
message
In Search & Replace (Find & Replace) where paragraph signs
are
involved,
one
would use ^p in normal text or ^13 when using wild cards.
What are the equivalent codes when using Search & Replace in
tables?

.

.

.