Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anon Anon is offline

Default Word Numbering (word 2003) AAARRRGGGHHH

I have a document from a coworker-
its a disaster in terms of numbering.

Word 2003 is hard enough to get the

1.0,
1.1,
1.2.
1.2.1
1.2.2
1.3
2.0
2.1 etc

to work decently- it has a mind of its own- lets say you put a bullet list
under 6.1, when I return to the text- I start getting 1.1, etc.

Is there a way to get numbering to behave. I can never remember a time where
numbering has EVER bahaved for me. Its always been a situation where the
more people editing a document, the worse it seems to get in terms of trying
to get a document to stay well-behaved when it comes to auto numbering etc.

Thanks
Paul