Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

Default Word Numbering (word 2003) AAARRRGGGHHH

In my experience, the feature you are describing was created for people who
have too much happiness in their lives.

Aside from lawyers - some of whom deserve to be miserable - I can't think of
anyone else who needs that kind of paragragh numbering, and lawyers use
Wordperfect.

Daddy

"Anon" wrote in message
I have a document from a coworker-
its a disaster in terms of numbering.

Word 2003 is hard enough to get the

1.0,
1.1,
1.2.
1.2.1
1.2.2
1.3
2.0
2.1 etc

to work decently- it has a mind of its own- lets say you put a bullet list
under 6.1, when I return to the text- I start getting 1.1, etc.

Is there a way to get numbering to behave. I can never remember a time
where numbering has EVER bahaved for me. Its always been a situation where
the more people editing a document, the worse it seems to get in terms of
trying to get a document to stay well-behaved when it comes to auto
numbering etc.

Thanks
Paul