Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Format Inserted Excel Table

Either you have Gridlines enable (View ribbon) or View Boundaries enabled in
Word Options.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:08:16 -0500, Ron Rosenfeld

wrote:

I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document
(saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu.

I would like to remove the gridlines.

How does one do this?

In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the
possibility
of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to
work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to
set
a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic.

Thanks.
--ron

OK, never mind. Although the gridlines show on Print Preview, they do not
show
on the actual printout.
--ron