Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Format Inserted Excel Table

Yes, when you insert an Excel spreadsheet in Word, you're actually creating
a piece of Excel in the Word document. If you just paste data in from Excel,
it will be converted to a Word table. If you insert data from Excel as a
link, then again you've got an OLE object. You can probably double-click on
the Excel sheet in Word and get the full panoply of Excel toolbars (or
Ribbon in this case).

http://word.mvps.org

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:48:07 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"

wrote:

If you have inserted the Excel sheet as an OLE object, then it's Excel
you're dealing with, and you will have to disable the gridlines in Excel.
Also, if you have gridlines displayed in Excel (or set to print in Excel,
forget which), you will automatically get borders on a table if you paste
from Excel into Word as a Word table.

http://word.mvps.org

Ah, finally.

I don't know if the Excel sheet was inserted "as an OLE object".

I inserted it by selected the Insert tab on the Word Ribbon, then Table
and
Insert as Excel Spreadsheet.

However, following your latest clue, when right clicked this "Excel Table"
and
then selected Worksheet Object/Open (instead of Worksheet Object/Edit), I
was
then able to get to an Excel Options menu which allowed me to make that
change.

Thanks.
--ron