Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jason11 Jason11 is offline

Default table row breaks

I appreciate the help, but that still doesn't seem to work...what am I doing
wrong?

I've tried Keep with Next, Keep Lines together, unchecked "Allow Rows to
Break..." and every combination...

These solutions prevent the un-merged cells from breaking, but the merged
cells still break across pages...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Actually, "Keep with next" has no effect on the text within a cell, only
between rows. The solution is to format each of the rows in Column B (except
for the last) as "Keep with next" so that they will stay together; this will
also keep the merged cell intact.

http://word.mvps.org

"DeanH" wrote in message
You are correct in turning off the "allow rows to break across pages" but
also you will need to use the Paragraph format of Keep With Next on the
text
in the first column(s) to keep these rows together.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm for
further information.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Jason11" wrote:

All -

I have a table that I am copying from excel into word. The table has
vertically merged cells, along side un-merged cells. For example:

______________________________
|vertically merged |____________|
|cells... |____________|
|________________|____________|

I don't want the table to break across pages within the vertically merged
cells. When i uncheck "Allow Row to Break Across pages" this seems to
stop
the unmerged cells from breaking, but does not stop the merged cells from
breaking...in other words, in the example above, i might get "vertically
merged" on one page and "cells..." on the next...while if that same text
was
in an unmerged cell, it would not span multiple pages.

Does anyone know how to deal with this problem? Anything would be
appreciated. Thanks a lot.

.