Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael Michael is offline

Default Build Table of Figures with Figure Number, but without caption

By the way, I'm using MS Word 2007 with windows XP.

Ok, what if my figures are linked to the chapter headings? For example:
Figure V.6...

Will applying numbering to the style used for the TOF catch the chapter
headings?

Thank you.

--
Michael

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And then apply numbering to the style used for the TOF.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
This can't be done unless you use a macro to build the TOF.

What you can do, via the user interface, is exclude the label *and* the
figure number.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Michael" wrote in message
Anyone know how to build a Table of Figures that includes the figure
number
and page number, but doesn't include the caption label "Figure" repeated
for
every entry in the table?
--
Michael