Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default SQL doesn't work with Word 2007?

I have a letter as Word doc that uses a SQL command to pull mail
merge data
from another Word doc.

I suggest you
a. get to the point where you can work with the mail merge main
document, whether or not it has a data source attached.
b. click Mailings tab-Start Mail Merge group-Start Mail
Merge-Normal Word Document. That should disconnect the mail merge data
source. You will lose any sorts/filters/selections but you should not
lose any of the field codes in your document.
c. save and close the document
d. re-open the document, then attach the data source
e. save and close and try re-opening again.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 02/02/2010 00:50, Jecca wrote:
I have a letter as Word doc that uses a SQL command to pull mail merge data
from another Word doc. We recently upgraded to Office 2007 and ever since
then if I make a change to the body of the letter and then save it, the next
time I open it the command warning box doesn't open and my "edit recipient
list" box is grayed out. I then have to revert to the previously saved
version to get it to work. I make sure that it is saved as .doc not .docx
but that doesn't help. Any suggestions?