Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Cell margins print in shaded columns

Cell margins don't make lines. They are "padding" or an amount of space
between the text and the cell border (the lines). Borders within a cell
like the ones you describe could be caused by a nested table or by paragraph
borders.

Pam

John MacFall wrote:
The lines that I am referring to are inside the cell border and appear to
represent the settings located in Table ToolsLayoutAlignmentCell Margins.
I can print two copies of the same table and the lines will appear in one and
not in the other or will appear on Page 1 but not on Page 2.

Then I don't know what you mean by cell margin. If you mean cell border, you
can turn borders on and off by clicking the appropriate border icon.

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

.