Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Michael Broschinsky Michael Broschinsky is offline

Default How to delete all bookmarks when using Word 2007?

After Yves's subtle suggestion that I try the macro found at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184041, I did so.

The macro seems to work just fine!

Thanks once again Yves!

Mike

On 3/22/2010 9:41 AM, Michael Broschinsky wrote:
Not yet. Paranoia rules the day in my office. I really wanted someone
to say, "It should work" before I did that. Don't know enough about
macros, I'm afraid.

But I'll try it now and see how it goes. Thanks, Yves!

Mike

On 3/22/2010 9:06 AM, Yves Dhondt wrote:
The same macro should work. Have you tried it?

Yves

"Michael Broschinsky" wrote in message
I need to be able to quickly delete *all* bookmarks that might exist
in a document. This is part of our procedure in cleaning up files we
received from a number of different authors.

We have just upgraded to Word 2007 from Word 2000. In Word 2000, I was
able to use the macro found under Method 1 at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184041

I can't seem to find a similar article for Word 2007.

I *have* found "Add or delete bookmarks at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...265321033.aspx

But this is a one-bookmark-at-a-time approach that I would *really*
like to avoid if I could.

I have also found "Frequently asked questions about hyperlinks in
Word" at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291182

But this seems to speak to hyperlinks rather than bookmarks.

Can I use the macro I used to use for Word 2000? If not, are bookmarks
and hyperlinks essentially the same thing and can I use the approach
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291182? Or is there another way?

Thanks very much for your help,

Mike