Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Duplicating a Table

I add a row, F4, select the two rows, F4, select the four rows, F4, etc.

http://word.mvps.org

"bj" wrote in message
I add one row to the end, then just F4 as many times as necessary.

Approx. monthly I have to enlarge an ongoing table after deleting the
obselete rows (one by one as I process other information). I find this
method easier than clearing contents, re-sorting, etc. I'm adding
different numbers of rows each time.
bj

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
As Terry says, removing the separating paragraph will merge them, but if
you just want to add rows to the end of the table, you can add a single
row by tabbing out of the last row, or you can add multiple rows by
selecting the rows (any number up to the entire table) and using Table |
Insert | Rows Below.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
On 4/6/2010 9:05 PM, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Copy/paste the table. Make sure it is not set to automatically resize
fit
contents. Then delete the contents. This should preserve the number of
rows and columns and the widths of the columns. It will *not* preserve
the row height. If you need to do that (for printing only, to create a
blank form), you can instead change the font color to white). Otherwise
you'll have to manually adjust the row height for each row, which is
easier said than done.

Ah, the key here is copy using the corner cross and not sweep the entire
table for a copy. It carried the contents, but that's easy to delete.
The next question, for interest only, is how to I merge the two tables?