Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Moihi Moihi is offline

Default Outline Numbering

I'm trying to outline number a report and have followed the guidance on
Shauna Kelly's page. However, my numbering is back to front - so it goes:
1
1.1
1.1.1
1.2
2.1.1
Instead of 1.2 and 1.2.1.

When I go into 'level 2' numbering, I can't link this to the previous level
- it selects it, then unselects it by itself. If I clear level 2 and start
again by selecting 'number style 1,2,3' then choose 'previous level number -
1' it puts the numbers together (11) and unselects the link to the previous
level. And when I put a 'period' in it seems to swap the numbers over (so it
ends up with 2.1 instead of 1.2).

Help please!