Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rmilnes rmilnes is offline

Default Multiple documents open and viewable in Word 2007

I used to be able to have two or more documents open and simultaneously
visible in Word. Something changed my program configuration--now multiple
documents are represented by thumbnails on the task bar and I only get to
select the document I wish to edit or view from the task bar, one at a time.

I either unknowingly tweaked the configuration, or one of the recent Windows
7 or Office 2007 updates did it for me. I can't find any Word Options that
might control this "feature."

Can anyone shed a little light on my situation and suggest ways to get Word
2007 to work like it used to?

Thanks.