corquando corquando is offline
Junior Member

Default Blank as True Text in Mail Merge

Howdy, experts.

I wish to create envelopes that have the country name printed only if it isn't "USA." Because of the nature of the database source, the "Address Block" function will not work; the address lines are repeated and reformatting that would be problematic at best, so the "Address Block" function is out; trust me on this.

Here's the code:
Code:
IF {MERGEFIELD Country}="USA" "" {MERGEFIELD Country}
What it returns in all cases is "Country}" regardless of field content.

This renders the Edit Field function unsuable, as in grays out the OK button:
Code:
{IF {MERGEFIELD Country}="USA" "" {MERGEFIELD Country}}
As does this:
Code:
{IF {MERGEFIELD Country}="USA" "" "{MERGEFIELD Country}"}

And these do nothing different at all:
Code:
IF {MERGEFIELD Country}="USA" "" "{MERGEFIELD Country}"

IF {MERGEFIELD Country}="USA" "{}" "{MERGEFIELD Country}"
What overly simple syntactical error(s) am I committing?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by corquando : August 15th 11 at 03:29 PM