Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Richard[_5_] Richard[_5_] is offline

Default Dates

On May 25, 11:07*am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Generally, date calculations are complicated in Word. However, in this case, the
following formula field should work:

{ = { DATE \@ "YYYY" } - 2 }

To insert each pair of field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type the code as
shown. Use F9 to update the field. To show/hide field codes, press Alt+F9..

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Richard" wrote in message

I would like to have a variable year in my Word Document. *I want to
have a sentence that reads, in part,

Please print your reports through period 11 of 2008.

which is fine during 2010, but as soon as it become 2011, I want it to
read:

Please print your reports through period 11 of 2009.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Rich- Hide quoted text -

That worked perfectly -- thank you.