Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Turning off automatic paragraph indent Word 2007

Gordon wrote:
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Word Options Proofing Autocorrect Options Autoformat as you
type Uncheck 'Set left- and first- indent with tabs and backspaces.

Thanks - I knew where to turn this off in 2003, but couldn't find it
in 2007!

Word has always had these options set by default but as with any
other option you can choose to switch them off.

Precisely - IMHO these advanced options should be turned OFF by
default - so simple users like me don't pull their hair out in
exasperation, but advanced users can turn them ON if they want.

I believe the thinking is that if the functions are not turned on, users
will not know they exist.