Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Complicated Signature Blocks in Word XP

Use the cell borders for the lines. To get the effect that you want, you
will probably need to increase the number of columns to (probably) 5

In the first column you would insert the position of the signatory, the
second column would be the space in which they sign, the third column would
act as a separator, the fouth column would be the position of the other
signatory and the fifth column would be where that signatory signs. You
would only apply borders to the bottom of the respective cells in the second
and fifth columns.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"RJ" wrote in message
I use a number of different Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreements that
use
fairly complicated signature blocks that require signature lines for all
parties signing the contract. To conserve space I need two columns for
this
section only of the document and for that purpose a table would be ideal,
but
I can't see how to get signature lines in a particular cell of a table.

For instance, in the first cell of column one I would have to type:

Seller:and then here, there would be a line for the Seller to sign on.

The problem is, I can't see how to put a line inside a table's cell.
Normally I would just click on underline and then hit the tab button and
the
line is drawn.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can handle my problem. Any help
would
be greatly appreciated.